- 2 cups butter (4 sticks,16oz)
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
Ps: As a preservative, so that the cake won't go bad(because of all the eggs you have in there), add 1/4 cup of brandy(any of your choice)to the cake.
- Grease a cake pan of your choice
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F(177 degrees C)
- Mix your dry ingredients, flour,baking powder and nutmeg.
- Then in a separate bowl,cream your sugar and butter till is completely mixed, beat in eggs one at a time still stirring.
- Add in your vanilla extract, then mix in your dry ingredients slowly, making sure that everything is fully mixed.
- Pour into greased pan and bake for about an hour or when you stick a toothpick in and it comes out clean. (When you put the cake in the oven don't open it to check on it, let the cake rise well before you do so otherwise it would fall in and you would have a flat cake.....hopefully this makes sense...Lol)
Ps: If you are trying to have yours with the coloring that I have in some of the pictures below. Just take about 4 tablespoons from the batter, add the food color of choice(about 1/3 teaspoon....not too much color) then mix it well,then pour it in your greased pan with the rest of the batter. For the chocolate mix I used 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder in a small mixture of the batter.
|The process of making the pound cake. (I don't have a cake mixer yet so it was all by hand...lol)|
|Finally got a cake mixer (as a graduation gift...yay) so everything was a bit easier|
|I used green,purple and pink food coloring for this trial cake. Loved how it came out|
|Wanted a vanilla and strawberry flavor so I used this with a little bit of batter from the original|
|Something blue lol|
|How it looked like lol (Something blue)|
|Something blue is ready lol|
|The end result. (Sorry I don't have a before picture for the chocolate one, but I will update as time goes on)|
|For some interesting reason the cake looks like red,yellow and green after it was done haha. (But I had some left over batter so I made cupcakes with them)|
|With a little of chocolate in the middle|
|Plain old pound cake with a dash of vanilla & strawberry flavors|
|Baking for christmas|
|Very colorful lol|
|Ghana colors, representing my motherland!!!|
|Soft and yummy|
|With a little chocolate hidden inside|