- 2 cups of black eye beans
- 4-5 stalks of the waakye leaves. (if you don't have that 1/2 tablespoon of baking soda will do, if you use too much,the rice will become soapy)
- 1/2 cup of rice
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup of butter(optional)
- Wash black eye beans and cook with enough water to cover up beans, adding your waakye leaves OR baking soda (this will give the waakye the color that it comes with)
- Let the beans cook for about 25 minutes or soft to the touch.
- Add rice, cover with foil
- After 15mins check on your waakye , now you can add the butter, stir and allow it to cook for about 15mins
|Finally got some waakye leaves (YAY) look at the color difference?|
- 2 cups of gari
- 1/3 cup of water
- Enough oil from the stew to give the gari the orange color that it usually is.
- Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of water on the gari, mix it together. Then start off with 3 tablespoons of oil, if it is still white then add more oil till you get that orange color.
|The stages of the gari. See the color difference?|
- Half of a bag of spaghetti (or the whole bag depends on how many people you are cooking for)
- 2-3 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of oil
- Break the spaghetti in a bowl, add your water,salt and oil. Boil till its soft . Allow it to cool down for 5mins, stir in 1 tablespoon of oil from the stew with a fork.
|The stages of the spaghetti best known as "ta-lia" (when buying it on the roadside in Ghana lol)|
- 1-2 lbs goat meat
- 2 onions
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 scotch bonnet pepper (depending on how spicy you want it)
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- 1/2 cup of oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of ginger
- 4 eggs (depending on how many people you are cooking for, optional)
- Spices (Lawry's seasoning salt,black pepper,parsley flakes,etc...any of your choice)
- Season goat meat, then steam it for 20 minutes(until the meat isn't red), after the meat is ready, fry it.
- Blend onions,tomatoes,ginger and pepper
- Slice half of an onion and saute it with some oil in a different sauce pan, after 1 minute pour in your blended ingredients. Add in your tomato paste, let it simmer for 20mins then add in your fried goat meat. (Boil your eggs now)
- Season your stew with the spices, your eggs should be hard boiled now so you can add them to your stew......and after 10- 15minutes your stew should be all ready now. Enjoy!!
|This is my mom's lunch bowl for work, I make sure she has food for lunch everyday lol, There's waakye,gari,spaghetti,meat,fish and egg :-D|
|Waakyeeee is readyyy!! LOL|