- 1/2 yam or 1 whole yam (if your prefer the plantain 1 riped/yellow plantain)
- 1/2 cup of red oil
- 1 small onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Eggs (depends on the number of people you are cooking for).
- Peel yam(or plantain) and slice it into whatever size you want, the smaller the better ,makes it easier for you to mash it
- Wash and boil yams with salt for about 30mins until yam is soft(for the plantains its usually takes a shorter time to get ready)
- Pour out the water and set aside
- Slice onions
- In a cooking pot, pour the red oil in with the onions, let it simmer until red oil is completely dissolved.
- Begin to mash the yams in the asanka(black), add some red oil to it and continue mashing/mix it together(add more red oil as you go to get the yellowness of the food)
- Repeat step 6 until there is no more yams left. The picture below shows you how it show turn out.
|Ingredients for the 3tor with riped plantain|
|Asanka, what I used for mashing|
|Mashing it, the peanuts were requested by my friend who wanted it|
|Ot) made with yams(this was made for my family during my mom's birthday)|
|Riped plantain 3tor with peanuts andavocado|