Have you attended any Ghanaian funeral and seen some chips with peanuts ? OR have you received a pastry bag from a Ghanaian event and it had chips, meat pie and scones or pound cake? Well these are the chips......I really don't know what else to call these but chips because that's exactly what they are lol.
- 5lbs flour (1 bag of flour)
- 2lbs butter (8 sticks)
- 2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons of salt(I use Lawry's seasoning salt simply because of the flavor it gives)
- 1 teaspoon of onion or garlic powder (optional,gives it flavor)
- 1 tablespoon of sugar (optional, I use it because it gives it a little sweet taste)
- Water to mix
- 1/2 a gallon of oil(for frying)
PS: I said garlic powder not salt because if you use garlic salt and the seasoning salt you would end up with an overly salty chips and that leaves a sour taste in your mouth, no one wants that lol.
- Using your hands, mix the butter and flour until you get a bread cumb like texture, add your salt,onion powder ,nutmeg and sugar
- Using cold water, mix it until dough forms and make like in the picture below
- Roll with a pin and cut them in preferred sizes, you can use a scissors or knife to cut them
- On medium heat, fry them until they are golden brown
PS: when you cut them, set them aside in a tray with flour at the bottom and on top of it so they don't stick together. (Hopefully this makes sense,lol)
|Step by step to the chips|