- 2lbs beef
- 1 big onion
- 1 green pepper(optional)
- Kebab powder(you can get some of this at some African markets. I brought mine from Ghana)
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon of parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon of crushed red pepper(optional)
- 1 -2 tablespoons of red pepper or cayenne pepper(optional)
- Wash the beef and cut it into small pieces
- Season it with the seasoning salt and black pepper,parsley,crushed pepper,red pepper and two tablespoons of the kebab powder(if you have time you can put it in the fridge over night so it marinates well)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C), spread the seasoned beef in a greased baking sheet and bake it for 30-45mins(depending on how deep your pan is) with constant stirring until its ready
- In a small sauce pan,melt a 1/3 teaspoon of butter add your chopped onions and green pepper,stir in a tablespoon of kebab powder and saute it for a minute. Now the fun part begins lol, if you have the kebab sticks this would be perfect, stick one beef, add an onion and green pepper, keep going until there's no more beef and veggies left. (You should have about 3 beef on each stick,depending on how big you cut the beef).
- Sprinkle some kebab powder on them and serve, ENJOY!
PS: Some people complain about how dry some kebabs are,to prevent this if you have some plain tomato stew at home you can toss about 3 tablespoons on the baked meat and put it back in the oven for about 10 minutes.
|I had to cut a lot of fat out of this. Before seasoning. (This was for a larger batch of kebabs)|
|Seasoned and ready for the fridge to marinate well or ready for the oven|
|Spread foil in oven and bake it (PS:This creates alot of mess)|
|Easier method to bake(PS:Just takes a little more time to cook)|
|Step by step of the veggies that were used for the kebabs|
|This was for a friend's birthday party that's why it looks like a lot but this is how your kebabs should look when you are done. Sprinkled with a little more kebab powder|