- 3 lbs of chicken
- 6 tablespoons of curry powder
- 4 teaspoons of thyme
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 3 stalks of scallion (aka spring onions)
- 1 teaspoon of ginger
- 2 scotch bonnet pepper(Jamaican hot pepper)
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 teaspoons of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper(optional)
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon of flour (use as a thickener for sauce)
- Wash the chicken with lime or lemon juice,chop the chicken into small pieces
- Chop onions,scallions,garlic and pepper, rub the chicken with all ingredients excluding the water and potatoes allow the chicken to marinate in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Fry the chicken for 10minutes or until chicken is sealed.
- Chop your potatoes then add to the chicken and water into a sauce pan, cover and allow the sauce to be thick(this would take about an hour or so).
Ps: I wanted my food to be ready quicker than the hour wait so I mixed half a teaspoon of flour and water and poured it in the mixture and about 15-20mins it thickened for me.
|Just squeezed lemon juice on it for the washing|
|Seasoned and ready for marinating|
|Frying the chicken|
|Almost done frying|
|Water and potatoes added|
|Served with white rice, fried plantain and steamed veggies|