First please note that you won't be pre cooking this so it needs to be fried very well otherwise you will be left with well done on the outside and bloody inside chicken.
- 2-3lbs chicken(I used thighs and drumsticks)
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce(optional)
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons paprika or cayenne pepper(optional)
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- Oil(Enough for deep frying)
Ps: Some of the hot spices I wrote optional because some people don't like spicy foods. It will defeat the purpose of the title but you get the point lol.
- Wash chicken very well, removing any hair or fat(for this recipe I kept the chicken skin on),wash with vinegar
- In a large bowl mix the milk, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, steak sauce and BBQ sauce.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour and spices and set aside.
- Add in the chicken and allow the chicken to marinade overnight or for a couple of hours
- Set your deep fryer between 300 or 330 degrees F(depending on your fryer and how fast it gets hot), (if you're not using s deep fryer just pour about enough oil in a medium saucepan......
- Dip the marinated chicken in the flour mix, when it's all covered in flour add it to the hot oil and let it fry for 10mins until it's golden brown. (I said 10mins because it might look like it's ready once it hits the oil but that's not always the case)
- Enjoy with some mashed potatoes and gravy, Jollof, fried rice, Mac n cheese or whatever you want.
Ps: If you don't have some buttermilk you can mix 2 1/2 tablespoons of lemon juice in milk, stir it, set aside for about 5mins then that should be a good substitute for you
The chicken after soaking for the night alongside the flour mix
|Flour coated chicken(yes I saved it from my snapchat lol...no professional camera yet)|