Hmm! We use to eat this stew like once in a blue moon in Ghana. I wasn't really big on it when I was young but now I don't complain at all. Lol I just eat it like that. It is once of those stews that goes with basically any choice of meat or fish.
- 2 onions
- 4 tomatoes
- 1-2 scotch bonnet pepper(depending on how hot you want it)
- 1 medium can of tomato paste
- 1 small ball of cabbage
- 2 carrots(optional)
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- Spices to taste
- Fish or mackerel or goat meat whatever you prefer in your stew
- Cut one of the onions into 2, blend one & half onions with the tomatoes,ginger,pepper.
- PS: if you are using goat meat, wash it, season it, steam and fry it and then set it aside
- In a medium sauce pan, pour in a tablespoon and half of oil, and add in the sliced onions, stir for awhile then add in your blended ingredients.
- While that is cooking,chop the cabbage into very medium/small sizes(look at picture below), chop carrots in medium sizes.
- Add in your small can of tomato paste, let that cook for a while, the pour in your chopped cabbage and carrots(this takes a while to dissolve in the stew so allow it to cook own its own don't rush it oh....)
|Chopped cabbage and carrots|
|Oil and onions|
|Blended ingredients with tomato paste|
|Stew almost ready to add cabbage and carrots|
|Adding cabbage and carrots|
|This is how it looks before the cabbage dissolves and becomes softer,|
|This stew had more sauce than cabbage because it was a preference for who I was cooking for and they wanted sausages and fish as you can see|